Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Guilty Pleasures – 8-Minute Mug Brownies Paleo-Style

About 2 years ago I heard for the first time about 3 to 5 minute brownie recipes made in a mug and with the help of a microwave. Now, these kind of recipes are not made for entertaining an entire group of people, but they are perfect for those nights, where one feels like having warm baked goodies. Especially since mug brownies are literally whipped up within a matter of a few minutes.

I haven´t made any in a while, but yesterday started trying out different versions adapted for paleo-eaters.

First, I tried replacing the non-paleo ingredients of my old recipe with paleo-conform ingredients. The results where kind of dry and really not what I was expecting. 

So I went online again, and found a few recipes to tweak.

This is what I came up with:

IMG_20120507_141855

And the brownie was awesome!

So here is the recipe for all of you paleo-eaters on a mission to find new baked goodies.

Paleo 8-Minute Mug Brownie (serves 2)

Ingredients:
1 large ripe banana
1/1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup ground almonds/almond flour
1 egg
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. honey (optional)
Chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes (optional)

Here is what you do:
- Using a fork, puree the banana
- One by one add olive oil, egg, honey, ground almonds and cocoa powder
- Add optional ingredients if desired
- Pour batter into 2 small serving dishes (I used small cereal bowls)
- Put into the microwave on high for about 2/1/2 minutes (I checked halfway through to make sure, my brownies wouldn´t burn or anything like that)
- Serve just like that, with a scoop of ice cream or topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream

(Next 2 how-to-pictures added post-publishment)

IMG_20120507_141847

One thing I know for sure: We´ll have these today again :) …

IMG_20120507_141855

No comments:

Post a Comment